Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Society Portraits, Then and Now

Amanda Hearst at age 16 with portrait of her great-grandmother, Mrs. William Randolph Hearst (1882-1974). Image from Bright Young Things, published in 2000.

Amanda Hearst in her New York City home, 2008. (Photo from Inheriting Beauty via Black Book Magazine).

The tradition of society portraiture continues with Inheriting Beauty, a new book of photographs by Roger Moenks. In addition to the lovely Amanda Hearst (seen above), the coffee table size collection will include design blog favorites, India Hicks, Carolina Herrera and Tinsley Mortimer. While the book does not focus on interiors, it does capture it's subjects in their respective homes around the globe.

5 comments:

Habitually Chic said...

I've been hearing good things about this book. I may have to pick it up. I just don't know where I'm going to put it once I get it home. I am definitely running out of room!

Jessie Cacciola said...

I love that sofa. Great post!
- Jessie -

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Hmm, that sounds like a good one. I'm a big fan of Slim Aarons for reliving that glamourous era. I'll have to check in to "Inheriting Beauty." Thanks for the tip.

ALL THE BEST said...

Inheriting Beauty sounds intriguing, but like HC I am running out of room...

Brilliant Asylum said...

This book does sound like it is going to be a heavy one.

Slim Aarons is hard to beat, but it is fun to see what the contemporary set is up to.