Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shocked

For the past decade, Southern Accents has presented us with a pretty, but somewhat sleepy selection of pale blue and beige bedrooms. Imagine my surprise to turn the page and discover this high contrast, David Hicksian wonder by Atlanta designer Barbara Howard.

The bedroom was designed for the Showhouse at Reynolds Plantation, part of Lake Oconee in Greensboro, Georgia. I had to do a double take--this room belongs to a lake house in rural Georgia? The times are a-changin'.

The featured fabric pattern is "Zimba" by Schumacher. The rest of the home is more typically Southern and subtle in palette, but has a few quiet nods to 1970's design. Click here for the tour.

Even though Lake Oconee is only 1.5 hours east of Atlanta, I have yet to visit. One of these days, I am going to hop over for a day of pampering at The Ritz Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation. For the time being however, I am staycation city.

Interiors photographed by Keith Scott Morton for Southern Accents, November/December 2008.

10 comments:

Style Court said...

Every so often SA mixes in a boldly colored bedroom -- red, chocolate, pumpkin. I love it. And showhouses are the perfect place to really step out. I heard this one was definitely worth the drive from Atlanta.

Pink Wallpaper said...

wow, definitely a play on david hicks...i like it!

72 and sunny said...

i LOVE that mix. it's a hermes box turned room.

porter hovey said...

Yes! Lovin' the orange!!

Emily Amy Gallery said...

I love this room...that Barbara Howard has got a good thing going!

Brilliant Asylum said...

Thanks for the comments. I agree--it is Hermes-y.

I really may drive out to see this house. Curiousity is getting the best of me and I loved the last Southern Accents showhouse. I wonder if the Ritz is offering any any "financial crisis" deals?

Sabina said...

Times definetly are changing -- loving that southern orange.

Material Girls said...

What a fun bedroom- I absolutely love orange and brown together...

Anonymous said...

The pattern and color is amazing! Love it:)

Anonymous said...

Ilove them all!!!