Sunday, July 19, 2009

So Eighties


This classic wallpaper may have been the only thing reminiscent of summer in the August issue of Vogue. While I am not fashionably sophisticated enough to care about winter coats in mid-July, I do love the backdrop Vogue chose for this eighties-inspired spread. (This print seems to define that era just as much as the 1940's when it originally appeared on the scene).

Of course, if I thought I could get away with putting tropical wallpaper in my own house, I might. Alas, this type of thing would look slightly ridiculous in our cozy little cottage. I will save it for that beach house someday...

7 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I remember a room in the home of a friend that had this distinctive wallpaper! I was a teen in the 80s, so this all brings back memories...

Why are we returning to wallpaper, just at the point where I finally got the last bit of wallpaper out of my house (but I like it that way).

Brilliant Asylum said...

I know. I am totally scared to put in wallpaper because the memory of removing 10 layers of it from my last house still haunts me!

anareis said...

I am doing a campaign to raise money to mount a minibiblioteca Community and other activities for children and adolescents in my community here in Rio de carente janeiro.Cansei to wait until today that the government or asphalt placed, children may not be so abandonadas.Preciso the aid of all people of good heart. I ask only that I send a letter to A $ 20.00, or 5.00 euros in. This money will be used for purchase of books, shelves, tables, chairs, baskets Basic (food), etc.Quem can help me send me an email to: asilvareis10@gmail.com, I give the address for shipment. May God protect us all.

La Maison Fou said...

Hello BA.....pop over & leave your info, you won on the giveaway on my site!
Leslie

Laura said...

I do love that wallpaper...I know that most people think of the Beverly Hills Hotel bungalows when they see it, is it bad that I always think of Blanche Devaro's bedroom? I love Blanche by the way, this is in no way a diss.

La Maison Fou said...

email me at
Leslierowlands@cox.net with your info!
Thanks!
Leslie

Unknown said...

just a passing mention of our company, hudsonpaint.com we produce a line of low voc color chalkboard paint great for kitchen ,kids bedrooms or just about anywhere in the house. made in ny.
check us out or email me at arnocornillon@gmail.com