Monday, August 27, 2007

PB Does PB



I think this may be the brightest print to ever hail from the halls of Pottery Barn. After decades of solid, neutral twills, is it possible that they are moving toward a Palm Beach aesthetic?

Alas, this retro-tropical print armchair is the only piece in the current catalog that dares to stray from the expected Pottery Barn formula. I can easily imagine a pair of these in the background of a Slim Aarons photograph.

Arlington Armchair in "Clarissa Kiwi Print".

12 comments:

KellytheCulinarian said...

How colorful, it's really quite bright.

ALL THE BEST said...

Can't believe that is PB. What a fab chair!!!

Habitually Chic said...

I love the new PB! Half the time, I barely look at the catalog. I may have to give them another chance. The fabric on the chair is great!

Anonymous said...

Well certainly a different theme from PB!

But here i must say the chair compliments the interior.

Very Bright n Cheerful!

Cheers to PB!

~Kanchan

Things That Inspire said...

I love your observations...I never would have noticed that chair in the catalog!

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Isn't it nice to find a surprise like this chair? I love it when companies do the unexpected. They obviously are watching their competition!

Marissa said...

i was also surprised to see this chair from PB. i love it with the orange walls.

diana murphy said...

For PB, this is really pushing the envelope, isn't it?!

Lyn said...

I thought the same thing when I looked at it. Looks great but definitely seeming out of range for them. ;)

Style Court said...

Yes, great print! Thanks for highlighting it.

katiedid said...

I thought this was pretty outside the PB box too. When I first saw this, my first thought was PB is trying out a little Anthropology.

Mrs. Blandings said...

These are great - I don't even flip through anymore - feel like I pretty much "got it." Next time I'll give it a whirl.