Friday, August 10, 2007

Trend Bucking




"Antlers are the new over", declared Jamie Gray in a December Domino post. Whether or not you agree, fall fashion lines are threatening at least one more season of the trend. To better recognize our psychological attraction toward all things hunting lodge as of late, the New York Times weighs in on a myriad of possibilities. The article is a few months old, but considering decorating trends sometimes take years to totally fade out, it will give you something to laugh about when flipping through the next stag heavy Pottery Barn catalog. In the meantime, I thought these candlesticks and branch vases from eco purveyor Viva Terra were a nice autumnal accessory. The aesthetic falls along the same vein without being as big of a commitment as that carved wood deer head--and they are made of recycled aluminum, so we know they are satisfying at least one green-hot trend.

5 comments:

a. said...

Thanks for coming to visit my blog - now I know you have one & I will add you to my daily reads :-)

Brilliant Asylum said...

Thank you. I will do the same.

Style Court said...

great post!

katiedid said...

I love this post!
I am not sure if I mentioned: you have a great blog and I am enjoying it very much! I am adding to my blogging friends so I remember to visit often!

Things That Inspire said...

Thank you so much for the link to that article! I missed it first time around (in April).