Sunday, December 30, 2007

Resort Season

It's time to obsess over exotic locations and lithe bodies clad in maillots and caftans (as I polish off the last of the Christmas truffles).  Since I do most of my journeying in the off-season to avoid the crowds and rate hikes (i.e., October), January generally signals the beginning of a dry travel spell for moi. Fortunately, we have the magazines to show us how resort is done while I rest between home improvement projects.

Bazaar lets us peek through the lattice of the Mustique home of Lawrence and Claire-Anne Stroll (photographed by her pool in Michael Kors).

Lightly-hued, Moorish architecture contrasts subtly with accessories in shades of the caribbean. Christina Onassis's ex-husband Sergei Kausov is responsible for commissioning the inlay and lattice-work when he originally built the estate in the 1990's.



More of Kors's resort fashions are modeled in the outdoor seating area overlooking the exclusive beach. Love that green backgammon set!

For the complete 2008 Resort Collection for Michael Kors and all the others, click here.

8 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Lounging by the pool in a tropical resort sounds pretty good to me! Great way to unwind after all that truffle eating.

katiedid said...

Just stopping in to wish you the Happiest of New Years! And I could use a vacation after the mad holiday rushing around too. I will live vicariously through your blog. (And I covet that backgammon board!)

Turquoise Chic said...

What a great spread! I too saw the Strolls' house in the January Bazaar and it made me want to go on holiday to Mustique immediately!

Style Court said...

Love it!

Happy New Year!

Bayou Contessa said...

I'm a great fan of Moorish designs, I love the layering of print and pattern, and yet the ability to retain a feeling of lightness. Very fresh,very glamorous! Great Post!

Alkemie said...

What a beautiful home and spread! I've always been a fan of moorish architecture and it's blended beautifully with the outdoors. Thank you for sharing. One can always dream ^_^

Anonymous said...

I want to jump into that pool and go for a swim. I'd love that.

-Zane of ontario honey

Clarence Wake said...

This looks like a very relaxing place to take a vacation with family.

Internet specials at Aqualine Galvanized Water Tanks