Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Office Notes


Even though there are miles to go before my little office is complete, I am fairly pleased with the progress I made over the weekend, considering my next-to-nothing budget. The basement-find table is freshly painted, my books are somewhat organized despite lack of shelving, and the Carolyn Carr painting is hung by the window with care (relocated from elsewhere in the house). The Hable Construction pillow is split from a pair bought at Pieces earlier this year. (Reminder: Pieces is having an excellent holiday sale going on now).

Next on deck for refurbishment is this naugahyde number, another freebie. I know orange is all the rage these days, but I am more of a neutral girl when it comes to upholstery. I am thinking of a nubby, dark brown fabric with matching nailheads on the back. However, suggestions are welcome.

12 comments:

Sam Suttie said...

looking very eat & tidy which is NB for a work space. Though I tend to forget that concept in my own office. Feel free to email me a few more pics, perhaps I can come up with some economical additional inspiration/ideas for you. It's what I do. :) www. nunupepe .com

Style Court said...

Great job with the desk and Carr painting. I think the modern chair would look so striking in dark brown -- sounds like something Lee would do :)

Things That Inspire said...

Your painting is a little gem! It looks like a lot of work happened over the weekend; painting a table is no small task!

Brilliant Asylum said...

Yes, Lee can take credit for inspiring that color scheme. We had our eye on a wicker and chrome settee she did in dark brown, but we were not quick enough to get it!

Btw, the Hable pillow is from Pieces in Atlanta.

Mrs. Blandings said...

you are doing just fast work! and good! Can't wait to see the chair.

Easy and Elegant Life said...

I did my chrome chair in black and white herringbone wool. I think a tweed would do nicely, too. But then classic menswear is an obsession of mine...

You're well on your way to a wonderful working space. Congratulations!

/// said...

Oh I think that chair would be FABULOUS in a chocolate brown.

What a fantastic eye you have! :)

Happy holidays, Millie!!!

TIG said...

Wow--you've been busy--that desk looks great! Looking forward to seeing how the chair turns out.

Habitually Chic said...

I love orange so I vote for keeping it but brown is also probably more livable. I actually have a chair that looks exactly like that one but in brown leather. I found outside Whiskey Park on 6th Avenue. Someone was throwing it away because all it needed was one bolt which I bought at Home Depot for less than $2. It's my favorite chair now.

cotedetexas said...

Good job = love the paint color and the window - it all looks so fresh and happy.

Anonymous said...

check out Thomas O'Brien's apt as seen in Elle Decor. You'll find it here (click on press)
http://www.aerostudios.com/ You'll see a brown and cream version of your chair on the very last page of the article.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I am loving your office updates, I am planning my own office re-do with next to no budget! You're inspiring me...