Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Visual Acoustics

Yes, it's another movie post--this time about architectural photographer, Julius Shulman. What can I say? I am thrilled that Hollywood is producing more design films and less comic book adaptations this fall. Trailer below. Official website here.


Terry said...

So where can we see it?

Brilliant Asylum said...

Still waiting on that part, but my guess would be at Midtown Art a few weeks after the initial New York screening (which I believe is Oct 9).

Here is the official site, which you can sign up for an email alerts as they release more info.


highglossblue.blogspot said...

Love Shulman's response when the other guy says I NEVER do that (don't we all know that type in the creative world)-
J replies: well, I DO and that's why people love my photography
simple, straight forward answer for simple straight forward (& BEAUTIFUL) shots
I cannot, off hand, name another architecture photographer.
Can't wait to see the film. September Issue was great by the way.

Brilliant Asylum said...

I loved the September Issue too--especially that peek into Anna's townhouse. Not as chic as I was expecting it to be.

plaisirs simples said...

i haven't heard of this and am SO excited you have introduced it to me! thank you!

ps- great movie trailers on here! i agree...design movies are unlike any other ...

plaisirs simples said...

also- just saw your comment on anna wintour's townhouse...when i saw the september issue, i thought the same thing, until a friend that works for elle decor told me that they were on the bottom floor in that scene which is the staff's floor, so it's not really considered a part of the house that is really "decorated". anyways, just thought i'd pass along that little tid bit because i thought the same thing!

love your blog btw!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I want to see this so bad! Hoping in comes to Houston. I adored this mans talents.

amber renee said...

ohhh.. i love your entries..

glad to meet you, i'm new to the blog community and exploring to find some rad new blogs to follow/friends to meet!